Home and Family Assistance Program
Transitions operates the Home and Family Assistance Program (HFAP), a dynamic housing program that assists families who are involved with the Department of Children and Youth Services (DCYF) in obtaining and utilizing housing vouchers. The Transitions’ Family Stability Facilitator (FSF) helps families navigate through Spokane Housing Authority and DCYF policies/procedures with the goal of finding permanent housing.
How it works:
- Contact the Homeless Families Coordinated Assessment at (509)325-5005.
- Complete intake. After the intake is completed a referral will be made to Transitions.
- Coordinate services with the Family Stability Facilitator:
- Filling out applications
- Housing searches
- Landlord negotiations
- Parenting support
- Addressing service gaps for each family member
Why it works:
- The whole program is participant driven.
- Through determination and patience, families are able to become strong and self-sufficient.
- Transitions supports these families by advocating with them, listening to their needs so they can gain their voices and restore their family.
You can contact the Family Stability Facilitator by calling (509)325-2959 ext. 312.