Women's Hearth Calendar of Activities
The Women's Hearth is a safe, welcoming community that promotes growth and well being in body, mind, and spirit for women of diverse backgrounds. The Hearth fosters nurturing relationships, encourages self-determination, and advocates for change in systems that oppress women.
The Women's Hearth is open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Hearth i
s also open on Saturdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, during the winter months.
We provide free services that promote growth and healing including:
- access to basic needs such as showers, food, and hygiene products
- over 70 groups and classes per month, including 12 step meetings, support groups, life skills classes, arts and crafts, music, spirituality, and journaling
- community meals, meetings, speakers and other events that foster a sense of community
- access to resources and referrals for various social services, especially for housing and mental health concerns
- a technology center where women have free access to computers and the internet, and find assistance in learning computer skills
- three transitional apartments with weekly case management
Current Wish List
Winter-time necessities: hats, gloves, socks, razors, deodorant, hair-brushes, chapstick, cough drops, conditioner and toothpaste (travel size), small backpacks, blankets, grocery store gift cards, bus passes, long-distance phone cards, bath towels, and wash cloths.
To see a printable list of the classes and activities at Women's Hearth, please click here.
Volunteer opportunities are available.
The Women's Hearth
920 West Second Avenue
Spokane, WA 99201